This evening I sat my butt down and wrote out my goals for 2016 and January alone. I know a lot of people tell you to never wait for a Monday to start fresh but with all the craziness of the Christmas holiday, Monday sounds like a perfect day to start completely fresh. New week, new goals and a fresh new start.
Setting yourself a plan/goal not only helps to keep you on track but it also helps you stay determined. I also love hearing other people’s goals because it may also help give you some ideas as to what you could plan for yourself. So firstly, here are my January goals:
– No refined sugar (apart from my once a week cheat meal). I don’t particularly have a sweet tooth but over the past month all i’ve been craving is sweet treats. Chocolate, peanut butter, dried fruit, cereals, the list goes on… Therefore, to help me overcome this problem but also still enjoy them I’ve been baking Raw deserts with absolutely no sugar. (Check out my earlier post of my Raw cherry and peanut butter chocolate slabs).
– No meat day once a week. I’ve seen a lot of people on Instagram trying this out and it’s something that’s taken my interest. It’s a chance to fully increase my veg intake for the day and also give my body a break from meat as it’s my main source of protein and I do eat a fair amount.
– Create 2 recipes (Sweet & Savoury).
– Create a blog. (Ta da! One goal down)
– A pint of water everyday before breakfast. Drinking water first thing in the morning is a perfect way to kick-start your metabolism and start your daily intake. Water is all I drink apart from green tea in the evenings but the holidays have really messed up my intake. My skin soon lets me know when i’m low on water… hello spots.
– Start Lauren Gleisberg Fit & Lean 2016 plan. Through 2015 I completed various workout’s by Lauren but never stuck to the schedule as I was also completing Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. However, my love for Lauren’s workouts really increased in December with her LgFitmas plan which incorporated a lot of weights whilst limiting the amount of cardio. To me this was perfect. My goals are to increase muscle without getting any skinner and I saw perfect results thanks to the weights and of course Lauren’s plan! I really do recommend her 2016 plan which starts tomorrow (perfect!). It’s totally free and she provides lots of fitness tips and motivation daily. Check her out on Instagram for a better overview: @laurengleisberg or her website: www.laurengleisberg.com
So, there you have my January goals. I’ve created realistic ones as I find they’re easier to maintain without scaring you away. But, just in case you’re also interested… Here are my overall 2016 goals:
– Graduate July 2016
– Keep a healthy mind & balance with food. In 2015 I had a period where I got so ridiculously strict with my food and allowed myself rarely any treats. It was miserable and I have to admit I became a little obsessed with eating all things clean. Now, I can have my cheat meals or an extra cheat meal and feel completely fine about it. This is something I find really important.
– Change things i’m not happy with. A.k.a, my job!!
– Legs 2/3 times a week. Mission to grow that booty!
– Design at least 3 drawings a month.
If you’re still struggling to find the motivation to workout or eat healthier then I really do recommend writing down some goals to help you start. Start slow and steady and build it up. I hope this helps some of you out and i’d love to hear what 2016 holds for you!